Thursday, January 15, 2009

My First Blog

Well, here goes. For those of you who don't know me yet, visit my website www.artatdragonhillart.com. I've recently added new paintings.

I've begun painting in a little different style and on much smaller canvases, as small as 4" x 4". The painting displayed here, Glass Bowl with Orange and Lemon, is 12" x 12." The paint is applied in a thicker manner, while my other paintings use a glazed application of the paint. I'm really enjoying doing these new paintings.

And as long as I'm telling you about enjoying painting, I want to tell you about what I privately call "my silly paintings." In actuality, they really aren't silly at all. These paintings are whimsical, colorful and fun! They have an abstract element to them, the division of the canvas into sections, yet don't really "read" as abstract. They each have a fun theme, the one displayed here being the finger holding a string of hearts.

When I begin another of these paintings, I'll post a photographic record of the process, start to finish. In the meantime, look for more from me soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment