Monday, February 8, 2010

New Work, New Website and New ME!

Hi All,



We'll, it's been an entire year in the making. My website, artatdragoarnhill.com, will have a new look shortly. Look for it in about 10 days. So let me tell you about what I've been up to. The site contains fun, whimsical and vibrantly-colored paintings, AND I've also written a poem to accompany each of the paintings. Each of the poems has been inspired by a quotation by a famous, not so famous or unknown person. The painting/poem combinations are meant to inspire kids to be the best that they can be. There is also a section on the site where you'll find "activities," aka "more fun." In this area you'll find questions and activities regarding each of the poems/paintings. Most of the questions are designed to have no right or wrong answers. They are meant to help kids think a bit more about the painting and the poetry and add more enjoyment. There are currently 10 paintings/poems/activities on the website. Check back occasionally for additions.



I want to tell you that I LOVE creating these paintings and poems. My dream is to have a book containing these and more pages published. It's kind of scary and it'll be lots of hard work, but if I want the kids who read my poetry and look at my illustrations to believe in themselves, I need to heed my own advise!!



I'll be using this blog as a place where you can find lots of art projects and craft projects for kids. Some will be related to the poetry and paintings on my website. Others won't be related, but I'll include them because they will be fun, fun, fun for kids to do.

Okay, so here it is Feb. 13th and I just realized I only drafted this post, it never published! Oh well, those of you who know me know that that's ME! Here it is.









.

No comments:

Post a Comment